John Deere JX75 Governor!!!!

Old 05-26-10, 10:23 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
John Deere JX75 Governor!!!!

Good Afternoon,
I have a J.D. JX75 with the Kawasaki 6.5 hp engine 1999 what she has been doing is running rough rich as halfway through cutting my yard I have to take the plug out & replace it with a clean one (I have two one I always keep clean) not only this but she goes through a tank of gas.
I took the carb off rebuilt that made sure the plug was getting a good spark it was & that the choke linkage was working that was.
Today I started it up & she is doing the same thing the only time she runs normal is when I release the blade brake clutch & the blade is running at least it sounds normal.
Anyway I had it running about 10-15 min. today & noticed the linkage to the throttle plate was going forward & backward this is attached to the governor there is the rod & a spring. When I tried to hold the linkage to the governor steady it seemed to run better until I burnt my finger. I shut her down pulled the spark plug out & it was black again I sprayed the governor the springs as I see two but did not try to re-start her.
What I would like to know is there anyway to adjust the governor? or could it be the springs? I have no clue what the governor does but from what I seen on the John Deere website it looks like to get to the gear u have to pull the engine apart!.
So if anyone has any ideas on this please let me know? as right now I can't afford to be socked by the J.D. place. One other thing it seems to run fine when the blade brake it disengaged & the blade is turning also when I try to lower the speed of the engine with the handel it dies.
Thank you for any help!
Will,

Old 05-26-10, 03:44 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Either there is something blocked in the carb, or the air filter or plug isn't working... Try running it without the filter & with a new plug as these engines are very sensitive to air & spark... Don't adjust the governor as I don't think thats the problem.... Roger

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: