Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

John Deere JX75 Governor!!!!

NY

05-26-10, 10:23 AM   #1  
John Deere JX75 Governor!!!!

Good Afternoon,
I have a J.D. JX75 with the Kawasaki 6.5 hp engine 1999 what she has been doing is running rough rich as halfway through cutting my yard I have to take the plug out & replace it with a clean one (I have two one I always keep clean) not only this but she goes through a tank of gas.
I took the carb off rebuilt that made sure the plug was getting a good spark it was & that the choke linkage was working that was.
Today I started it up & she is doing the same thing the only time she runs normal is when I release the blade brake clutch & the blade is running at least it sounds normal.
Anyway I had it running about 10-15 min. today & noticed the linkage to the throttle plate was going forward & backward this is attached to the governor there is the rod & a spring. When I tried to hold the linkage to the governor steady it seemed to run better until I burnt my finger. I shut her down pulled the spark plug out & it was black again I sprayed the governor the springs as I see two but did not try to re-start her.
What I would like to know is there anyway to adjust the governor? or could it be the springs? I have no clue what the governor does but from what I seen on the John Deere website it looks like to get to the gear u have to pull the engine apart!.
So if anyone has any ideas on this please let me know? as right now I can't afford to be socked by the J.D. place. One other thing it seems to run fine when the blade brake it disengaged & the blade is turning also when I try to lower the speed of the engine with the handel it dies.
Thank you for any help!
Will,

Sponsored Links

Non-US

05-26-10, 03:44 PM   #2  
Either there is something blocked in the carb, or the air filter or plug isn't working... Try running it without the filter & with a new plug as these engines are very sensitive to air & spark... Don't adjust the governor as I don't think thats the problem.... Roger

Search this Thread