Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Troy Built 2500 Pressure Washer won't start

PA

05-26-10, 03:43 PM   #1  
Troy Built 2500 Pressure Washer won't start

My washer is about 1-1/2yrs old. Worked no problem until a few days ago. Clearing off debri from between patio blocks about 5-days ago. Worked no problem. Used it for about 2hrs. Turned it off. Went to finish the job the next day. Went to start it up per the manual directions. Fuel valve was on, choke was properly set, ignition switch was on. Pulled the rope several times. Would not start. Let it sit. Tried again. Would not start. Smelled gas. Figured I flooded engine. Let it sit for over an hour. Tried again. Still would not start. That was two days ago. Any idea what is wrong and what I can do to fix it without taking it in to a repair shop?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-27-10, 12:32 AM   #2  
Check for spark first. Make sure the engine cylinder isn't full of fuel before checking for spark though or you could have a fire.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

SC

05-27-10, 06:17 AM   #3  
First thing I'd try is a new plug. Pull it a couple times without a plug in it just in case there's some fuel in there also when you're changing it.

Search this Thread