Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

need help with husqvarna mower engine

NC

05-29-10, 11:58 AM   #1  
need help with husqvarna mower engine

hi... my husqvarna 26 hp mower has been running fine,but today it fired up but then cut off and will not fire back up. I know it is a fuel problem because i can spray gas into the carb with a spray bottle and it will run as long as i keep the gas going in, but when i stop it cuts off. I am getting gas out of the fuel pump with good pressure but it will not go into the carb, and if i pull the fuel line off at the carb its like it has built up pressure at that point so there must be a blockage. I sprayed carb cleaner in the carb inlet last night and hoped that if it soaked over night it would take care of it, but still not open this morning. I used compressed air to try and blow it out but still nothing. hoping you guys might help me out here with an idea other than taking the carb off because it looks like it might be a job to do....thanks for any help....

Sponsored Links

NH

05-29-10, 12:22 PM   #2  
the only way to clean a carb is to take it off, take it apart and soak it.
The spray carb cleaner in the can is only good for cleaning the grease & dirt off the outside of the carb.

Forum Topic Moderator

KS

05-30-10, 08:58 AM   #3  
Sounds like you might have a fuel solenoid not functioning.

Search this Thread