Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Rider sort of bogs down occasionally 15hp Kohler

WI

05-29-10, 06:33 PM   #1  
Rider sort of bogs down occasionally 15hp Kohler

Have a few year old Husqvarna Rider 155 that I just love, perfect mower for the job for me.
Occasionally it'll act like it's going to stall, although it never does. I have had some problems with the carb in the past where I've had some whitish junk in the bowl. I clean it out and then it's fine for awhile. I can try pulling the bowl again and checking, but for the past month or so, it's acting similar, but no actual engine stopping, just a stumble for a few seconds, then takes off fine. In most cases, it's when I hit an area with a bit longer grass, but not always. I had a spot today where I was actually running a line that had already been mowed, to get to a spot to start a new line, and it did it.
Just wondering if anyone has thoughts on this problem. Is ethanol in the gas a potential problem? The stuff I had found in the carb was enough to push the float up and kill the engine, it was a whitish/clearish sort of mush. This was a few years ago, I want to say the first spring after I bought the mower.
It's the type of carb that has the fuel shut off on the bottom of the bowl, the electric shut off for when you turn the key to "off".

Gilly

Sponsored Links

NH

05-29-10, 07:21 PM   #2  
It sounds like you have some water in the gas. Ethonal will actually suck water out of humid air. Drain the gas tank and check for water. If so, buy some Isoprpel dry gas.

WI

05-30-10, 03:27 AM   #3  
Might make sense. It was doing this a lot a couple mowings ago. I checked the fuel level and it was getting low. I topped it off, then it seemed good for the last few mowings, now the fuel is getting around half a tank and is doing it more again.
In the 5 gallon fuel tank I have for topping off this mower, I did put some Stabil in that the last time I got fuel. I wonder if I should find a station that advertises "no ethanol"? I might have to buy premium to get it though.
Gilly

Search this Thread