Delta Pressure Washer Trash it or Repair

Old 06-01-10, 06:39 AM
Delta Pressure Washer Trash it or Repair

I have an older Delta pressure washer. Model DT 1600 E

When I plug it in, nothing happens. I checked the electrical connections with a volt/continuity meter. The built in GFI seems to me to be the suspected source of the probelm? However, upon inspection there is a circuit board contained in the GFI module.

Without spending $100 to fix a $200 pressure washer what can I do?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-10, 05:52 PM
Im going out on a limb here and have to ask if when you have used the unit, when finished did you flush it with a scale/rust preventer? Most usually it is NOT the GFI, and electric pressure washers use a pressure switch (that takes the place of a dump valve on a gas unit) to turn the unit on and off depending on demand. If you dont flush it when done, water in the system causes a scale that binds it up and the next time you go to use it, the instant pressure builds, the little plunger on the pressure switch extends and trips the micro switch, and then the plunger DOESNT retract and the micro switch stays tripped and the unit acts like no power. Do you have a pic of the unit? LMK if you have flushed it, or if scale is present (you can see this even on the outlet where the wand hose connects) and I can walk u through the clean up. DONT BYPASS THE GFI!!

Old 10-05-12, 07:14 AM
Delta DT1600E (electric) pressure washer won't run

hi calhpp - - -
wow, 100% guilty;
odd that the Manual doesn't discuss this (although it does talk about long-term storage) - - -
I realize your post was 3 years ago, hope you don't mind "walking me thru" your procedure - - -
many thanks!
OP

Old 10-05-12, 09:08 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Welcome to the forums OLD PLAYER!

I doubt you'll get a response from calhpp since he hasn't been active on the forums since his post in this thread. I know very little about electric PWers but hopefully someone else here will be able to help you.