Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Craftsman riding mower

MO

06-04-10, 09:29 AM   #1  
Craftsman riding mower

I have a craftsman riding mower, model 917.272130 When i engage the blades, they come on for a short periord of time then turn off. the belt seems fine, the enginge continues to run. I have replaced the relay ass, the pto switch, bypassed the seat sensor. it continues to do the same thing. any ideas? thanks

Sponsored Links

Non-US

06-04-10, 09:43 AM   #2  
Do you have to boost it to start it?? If so the battery may not have enough power to hold the clutch on... If not, start by checking the charge system wiyh the engine running @ fast speed with the blades both on & off.. If over ~13 volts there, check for power & ground @ the clutch to see if it's loosing power when it fails, or if the clutch is getting tired, & we'll take it from there... Roger

Forum Topic Moderator

KS

06-04-10, 09:47 AM   #3  
I would guess you have a wiring issue. Maybe one wire for the clutch hanging on by a couple of strands. Lota times a wire will break at or inside a connector terminal causing this symptom until it breaks completely.

Search this Thread