Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

B&S Walk-behind Running Slow all of a sudden?

GA

06-04-10, 08:57 PM   #1  
B&S Walk-behind Running Slow all of a sudden?

Have had my mower for 3 years, do proper maint. in recommended intervals.

The other day I was mowing, and went under shrubs with the mower, and the engine almost died. I pulled back on the mower, and it saved from stalling but now runs very slow and essentially not usable in tall grass. Luckily I was just about done.

I must have hit something with the shrub branch that affected timing or something on the front of the mower.

Any thoughts or suggestions ??

Sponsored Links

Non-US

06-04-10, 09:07 PM   #2  
You hit the throttle & bent the linkage... Find where the spring attaches @ the front under the air filter & bend it outward while listening to the engine.. When it sounds as it used to,,you're good to go.... Roger

GA

06-12-10, 11:31 AM   #3  
Thank you! I will work on it this weekend. I've been searching for this answer all over, so much appreciated!

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

WA

06-12-10, 12:18 PM   #4  
As long as you are working on the self propel feature....

How often do idler or other pulleys that a part of a self propel system need to be taken apart and greased? I have an MTF and Arians mower where the idler pulley needed grease, didn't get it, were seized up and damaged and needed replacement.

Is that something worth maintaining if you are doing other work on that system?

GA

06-12-10, 12:55 PM   #5  
Mine isn't self-propelled.. Not sure if that matters.

NH

06-12-10, 05:06 PM   #6  
Posted By: SeattlePioneer As long as you are working on the self propel feature....

How often do idler or other pulleys that a part of a self propel system need to be taken apart and greased? I have an MTF and Arians mower where the idler pulley needed grease, didn't get it, were seized up and damaged and needed replacement.

Is that something worth maintaining if you are doing other work on that system?
HUH? No self propelled mentioned in this thread.

Search this Thread