1995 Murray Sentinel Ignition trouble

Old 06-08-10, 03:48 PM
Cool 1995 Murray Sentinel Ignition trouble

I have a 1995 Murray Sentinel lawnmower which has ran great until recently. The ignition switch where the key is placed was made of plastic and has recently fallen apart. It is in three different pieces. I have tried searching for a new ignitiongqz ` with no luck. Following this I tried to bypass the ignition all together and hot wire the lawnmower. This also didn't work. I can not find a wiring diagram or a replacement part for this mower anywhere. The specs are as follows if anyone can help me get this mower running again with or without the use of a new ignition and key. It is 15 years old so info is hard to come by, but the mower ran great so I don't want to part with it over a stupid plastic ignition.

1995 Murray Sentinal
Model F3912000
Code 5090
39"

12HP Briggs and Stratton engine
Model 282707
Type 0110 01
Code 9503284D

The wires are:

1 Red wire that goes into the engine
1 Red w/ White Stripe (w/ fuse) that goes to the battery

2 black
One goes into the engine
One goes into a small wiring harness that is installed under the cutting deck. (it also has a small push button on the end of this wiring harness.

1 yellow wire that also goes into the wiring harness under the deck.

2 light blue wires
One goes to the headlights.
One goes to the pressure sensor under the seat.

Please help get this mower going again before Code Enforcment pays a visit! Thanks for any help you can provide.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-10, 06:12 PM
here is IPL
Murray lt Parts Diagram Index for F3912-000

number 17 is the only wiring pic and no colors but show part number for the switch. Now
Note: USA pricing is shown below.
Partnumber Description Quantity each ext
327354MA Ignition Switch (replaces 327354) 17.930 17.93
Totals 1 1 17.930 17.93

also do an ebay search on "murray ignition switch" I see a 5 prong plastic one in the list

might be available from briggs still

nla on partstree, m$d so maybe out of luck there
Any switch could be made to work if you understand the wiring and the switch functions

Old 06-15-10, 04:26 PM
Thank you for your help. This does appear to be the exact wiring. Problem is it doesn't show the wires going into the ignition switch. The part number for the ignition switch helps a bunch though! Thanks alot for your help.