Stihl Leaf Blower

Old 06-10-10, 08:14 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Stihl Leaf Blower

I have a Stihl BR400 leaf blower. It was purchased new around 1997. It ran very well for the 1st five years. After that, it would run well until the fuel tank reached a level of a quarter tank. Then it would sound like it was starving for fuel and slowly run down and stop. It could be restarted and run for a while again but then quit. I took it in for repairs and they couldn't get it to do the same thing that it did for me every time I used it. I used it in this condition until last fall when it became very hard to start and even harder to keep running, full of fuel or low on fuel. I have put in a new spark plug, new air filter and pre-filter, new fuel filter, checked the carburator for obvious signs of dirt or varnish and cleaned and adjusted the needle valves for low and High. Now it is harder than ever to start and will only run for about 1 to 2 mins. before stalling out. Does anyone have ideas as to what the problem(s) might be? Thanks for any help rendered!!

Old 06-10-10, 08:47 PM
If you have fresh fuel mix & It's 8 years old.. I think I'd put a kit in the carb as the diaghragms get hard & stiff when they get old, (especially with todays gas). While your @ it,, you may want to replace fuel lines as this is another common failure... Roger

Old 06-10-10, 10:41 PM
B
Thanks Hopkinsr2. That sounds like a good place to start and I will order the parts or pick them up if they're in stock. Thanks again!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: