John Deere JX75 any suggestions

Old 06-10-10, 10:41 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
John Deere JX75 any suggestions

Afternoon,
Before I load her up & get screwed at the John Deere place just looking for any suggestions. So far I took the carburetor all apart I mean everything & soaked it overnight in a can of carb cleaner. I adjusted the cable put everything back on tried it this morning & she is still running rough & only runs on high. When I take the blade clutch off (blade turning) she runs fine.
What I am noticing is the throttle plate rod & spring that goes to the governor arm is moving back & forth the whole arm which in turn pulls the throttle plate on the carb open & close.
Two things I could really use some help on! First is there an adjustment for the rod that is attached to the governor? (why I ask this is maybe a spring is not doing it's job. Second could it be the carb? I see where I can buy a new carb off John Deere for $110. & last could it be a spring that is worn? any other suggestions would really be very helpful?
As she is blackening up spark plugs in 10 min. & on a full tank of gas I can only cut the front where last summer I could cut the whole yard twice on a tank of gas. So I'm stumped on this one I do have a good spark.
Thank you for any & all help!
Will,

Old 06-10-10, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Have you adjusted the valves?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: