Kohler 22hp with weak spark

Old 06-10-10, 11:28 AM
Kohler 22hp with weak spark

Hi,

I recently bought a Ranch King Pro that wasn't running when I got it. Previous owner said it ran before he parked it after buying a new one. I had to replace some of the magneto wiring under the shroud due to the mice snacking on them. Everything seems good so far. Only thing I see is that one cylinder has good spark and the other has very minimal spark. I put a little gas in the carb and it did start. Just want to figure out the spark problem before I go any farther. It has a rectifier built onto the blower housing, didn't know if that needed to be hooked up before I can rule out any problems.

Engine numbers are:
model CV22S
spec. 67518
serial # 2814816181

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-10, 06:30 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
How big of a gap will the spark jump? Does it run on both cylinders? If so, I'd say let well enough be.

The engine will run without the rectifier plugged up.

Old 06-11-10, 01:16 AM
One cylinder has great spark and will jump a good ways. The other is so faint, I have to really look closely to even see it spark.

Old 06-11-10, 08:59 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Is it not running on both cylinders? If it is, let it be, I wouldn't consider it a problem.

Old 06-11-10, 11:20 AM
I only started it up with a little gas in the carb. Hasn't run more than that yet. I will put it all together and see if it is running on both cylinders. Thanks. I will let you know what I find out.