Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Gas pressure washers

Group Moderator

MN

06-12-10, 04:14 PM   #1  
Gas pressure washers

Looking to pick up a used gas pressure washer. Have an electric one that crapped out. Sadly, I know what is wrong I just can't get the part anyplace.

So, Any brands to stay away from? Karcher? Generic? Any engines to avoid?

Electrical AC/DC and lighting Moderator
Professional Electrician, Handyman, all around swell guy!
40,000 people die in auto accidents per year in the US. We should ban cars.

Sponsored Links

OH

06-12-10, 05:29 PM   #2  
I personally would look for a 2500PSI with a Honda engine. We have a rental place here in town that has pressure washers with Honda engines, and I swear some of them are at least 20 years old, always starts on first pull. Look for one that has low oil level, and low oil pressure shut down. Something with interchangeable tips, not one with just a knob that changes the spray pattern. I don't know if tech. engines are still made, I don't partucularly care for those. Honda or Briggs and Stratton engine. Chemical pickup tube isn't a necessity, but is a nice little idea, but you have to have it set to low pressure for it pick whatever chemical up that you are using. Umm that's all that I can think of for the time being. If I can think of anything more I will post back.

TX

06-12-10, 08:12 PM   #3  
from what-I understand- KARCHER- with a Honda eng- with a horizontal - shaft / mount -pump .- is pretty much the 'home owners' best bet!

Search this Thread