Gas pressure washers

Old 06-12-10, 04:14 PM
Group Moderator
Gas pressure washers

Looking to pick up a used gas pressure washer. Have an electric one that crapped out. Sadly, I know what is wrong I just can't get the part anyplace.

So, Any brands to stay away from? Karcher? Generic? Any engines to avoid?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-10, 05:29 PM
I personally would look for a 2500PSI with a Honda engine. We have a rental place here in town that has pressure washers with Honda engines, and I swear some of them are at least 20 years old, always starts on first pull. Look for one that has low oil level, and low oil pressure shut down. Something with interchangeable tips, not one with just a knob that changes the spray pattern. I don't know if tech. engines are still made, I don't partucularly care for those. Honda or Briggs and Stratton engine. Chemical pickup tube isn't a necessity, but is a nice little idea, but you have to have it set to low pressure for it pick whatever chemical up that you are using. Umm that's all that I can think of for the time being. If I can think of anything more I will post back.

Old 06-12-10, 08:12 PM
from what-I understand- KARCHER- with a Honda eng- with a horizontal - shaft / mount -pump .- is pretty much the 'home owners' best bet!