Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

John Deere Lawn Tractor LA145 won't start

OH

06-18-10, 09:51 AM   #1  
John Deere Lawn Tractor LA145 won't start

My John Deere Lawn Tractor LA145 won't start. The battery is good. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-18-10, 10:53 AM   #2  
We kinda need something to go on here. Does it crank, but not start, or does it not even crank? What happened prior? What engine does it have? Is it full of gas/oil? What have you checked for? How do you know the battery is good?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

OH

06-20-10, 06:38 PM   #3  
Cheese,

The battery is good as I put a tester on it and lights are bright. Gas and oil are fine.
It does not crank at all. When you turn the key...nothing.

A little backstory: I was using it and it was working fine with no problems whatsoever and then when I tried to start it up again nothing.

Could it be one of the safety switches? Any other ideas you might have? If it might be the safety switches how could you check and fix?

Thanks so much for any advice.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-20-10, 08:27 PM   #4  
Make sure the blades are turned off. If so, turn them on and off a few times to cycle the switch and see if it starts. If not, you'll have to start from the batteries and go to the fuse and check for power to and through the keyswitch until you find the place power is lost. Do you have a 12 volt test light?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

IN

06-28-10, 05:58 AM   #5  
The battery will need to be tested with a volt meter that will tell you how much voltage is available. The fact that it can light up a continuity tester will still have you guessing whether it has enough voltage to operate the starter.

OK I just answered a week old post. Gotta start checking OP times!

Search this Thread