Need Gas Help With a Riding Mower

Old 06-20-10, 10:05 AM
Need Gas Help With a Riding Mower

Okay, so I attempted to add gas to our riding lawn mower. It's a Troy-Bilt Bronco which typically requires straight up unleaded gasoline. You can also use Gas/Alcohol blends or Gas/Ether blends. I did not know that my husband kept 2 types of gas in the garage and apparently I accidentally used the gas he had prepared for his weed eater which as I understand it is a combination of gas and oil. I didn't do the entire lawn with this gas - I only made one lap and then took it back to the garage. Have I ruined it? Can't I just empty the other gas out of the tank and put the correct gas in and that will fix the issue? As a side note, the mower did not act like there were any problems with the gas.... any help is appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-10, 10:33 AM
You didn't hurt it, it might smoke a little until it is used up but that is about all. Have a good one. Geo

Old 06-20-10, 11:15 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Just make sure not to use the "straight up" unleaded in the weedeater Or it may not make a lap.

Old 06-20-10, 02:56 PM
Good glad I didn't hurt it but do I still need to find a way to disconnect the gas tank so I can empty out the other fuel?

Old 06-20-10, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by ebaum78 View Post
Good glad I didn't hurt it but do I still need to find a way to disconnect the gas tank so I can empty out the other fuel?
You do not need to empty the mixed gas, just add some regular gas and everything will be ok. Have a good one. Geo

Old 06-23-10, 10:53 AM
You haven't hurt anything and it's ok to leave that mix in the mower and use it up. No harm has been done. As mentioned above. running the trimmer gas in the mower by accident is ok, but running the mower gas in the trimmer will destroy the trimmer rather quickly. Be happy you made the mistake you did instead of the other way around.