B&S 12hp carb fitting problem

Old 06-20-10, 09:18 PM
B&S 12hp carb fitting problem

I have a 12hp vertical shaft B&S engine and i had to do a carb rebuild on it. During the re-assemble when screwing the fuel line fitting back on, which is a "T" fitting and the connection to carb via tapered threads is perpindicular to the fuel line. My problem is this - Installing this fitting ends up either to loose or I am unable to make another complete turn to line it up with fuel line. I cannot figure out why it is different now than when I disassembled it a few days ago. I did soak the fitting in carb cleaner overnight, but wouldn't think that would have changed anything. Anyway I could probably get the last in line position to work with "thread tape", but I was under the impression that this is not a good place to be using thread tape. Any ideas?
Thanks ahead of time!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-10, 03:17 AM
Permatex Threadlocker Blue #24240 or Purple #22200 http://www.permatex.com/documents/Th...erSelector.pdf.

If fitting is under no stress, purple should be fine.

An auto parts store will have it, and if this particular brand is not available, they should have a substitiute.

Your "T" fitting may have been originally installed with a sealant, and carb cleaner removed it.

Old 06-27-10, 03:23 PM
SOLVED!!! Thanks

SOLVED!!! Thank you very much!!