Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

John Deere JX75

NY

06-22-10, 01:39 PM   #1  
John Deere JX75

Afternoon,
This is a joke first she has the Kawasaki 6hp engine as you may know she is running rich yesterday she used one tank of gas just to cut the front yard. I bought the service manual on her & believe I did everything it said under trouble shooting.
I bought a brand new carb & springs I cleaned the fuel filter the screen in the gas cap checked compression 60psi right in specs. the checked the valve clearance intake (cold) 0.12mm exhaust (cold) 0.12mm in specs. adjusted the throttle cable per manual was right on new air filter checked & cleaned the crankcase breather manual. And she still surges until I take the blade brake clutch off (blade turning) then the surge goes away runs fine but the gas she uses. Last year I could do both front & back twice before filling her. The only thing I did not do is adjust the governor lever & rod. I can't get the screws free for the muffler cover or I would take the muffler off & see if the port is filled but will try.
At this point I'm not sure if I want to check anything else or just take it to John Deere as I have done everything the manual said choke is opening I thought the new springs would help the governor but it still is pulling the throttle plate back & forth & when I try to idle her down she stalls & yes I put fresh gas in her & even tried before I put the new carb on a can of sea foam.
So needless to say I believe it is the governor arm ether not adjusted (but why I have no clue) or it's the governor inside the crankcase which I'm not playing with.
So I guess what I'm asking is what else could it be?. Cause this is really becoming a pain I have to make sure I keep the gas can with me as the yard is all hills & an extra plug as the one that comes out is black.
Thank you for any help if there is any.
Will,

Sponsored Links

MO

06-22-10, 03:04 PM   #2  
You might check that the throttle linkage is closing the choke some at full throttle, my FC150V is very pickey in that area, also check for a partially sheared flywheel key. Have a good one. Geo

NY

06-23-10, 12:03 PM   #3  
Posted By: geogrubb You might check that the throttle linkage is closing the choke some at full throttle, my FC150V is very pickey in that area, also check for a partially sheared flywheel key. Have a good one. Geo
First Thank you for your information! I don't know I took it to the John Deere place today (broke my back getting it in my van) so I told them what it was doing. The guy said call back Friday ok no problem.
So just now I get a phone call from them telling me it was the air filter! I can't believe this I replaced the foam filter & put no oil on the new one as ok maybe there was to much on the old one. And yes I did not change the paper one but I tried her without any filter & she still ran like crud.
I don't know maybe I should have changed the paper filter also but because I'm having so much trouble with this garage that fixes my van I'm really having trouble believing this. I'm just going by the J.D. Manual that says remove air filter & see if running problem goes away I did it did not now there is another $43.53 & the way it was running I can't believe that is all it was.
Thank you again cause I think this the filter is not the problem just like the $400. plus I sank in my van did nothing.
Will,

Search this Thread