Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

troy bilt belt help please

OH

06-25-10, 02:33 PM   #1  
troy bilt belt help please

Have troy bilt model number 13AT609H063 LT 2146 lawn mower and a belt fell off and I found a broken spring. It is not a belt that is attached to the deck, it is under the seat of the mower. The long belt that runs from front of mower to back is very loose also. Not sure where 2nd belt goes under there or where springs attach to. Looked at website and saw that they look like the drive belts by the idler brackets but can't tell exactly what needs to be hooked up where. Thank you for your help!

Sponsored Links

VA

06-27-10, 03:55 AM   #2  
Hi, is this the pdf you were looking at?

http://www.oscar-wilson.com/MANUALS/...3AT609H063.PDF

it gives a good pic of your belt routing and idler pulleys and springs

take a look and if this does not help then post back.

OH

06-27-10, 07:43 AM   #3  
yes it is on page 9. Belt 46 just fell off while mowing and 45 feels extremely loose. I noticed it does tighten up when I push on the gas pedal, and I found part of a spring hanging that I was assuming hooks to something to do with one of those belts. The spring is attached to mower frame but nothing else. And part number 50 just flops around like nothing. Moves very freely and is not attached to anything on one side. Can't tell by the manual where the springs actually hook at to see if I am missing any more than the one that is broke. I cant find anything to make 46 tighten up, right now it just goes on and there doesnt appear to be anything to apply tension to it. I am so lost lol

VA

06-27-10, 09:39 AM   #4  
well there needs to be a spring on the bracket 50 to apply tension to the belt 46. Looks as if the spring connects to the bracket just below the pulley and then will connect to ? somewhere in front of pulley, usually if you have the spring there you can find where it goes. Spring 31 looks as if it should attach to bracket 8 somewhere to put tension on pulley 47 to keep belt 45 taught. Which spring is broke? Obviously you will need to get that spring before you can do much. Belt 46 will not stay on if it is not being kept tight by spring 28
Now this is going off of the diagram, as if I had the unit in front of me but I do not of course so just trying to guide you. I am not familiar with this rider per say.
when you apply the pedal it tightens belt 45 right? then does the pedal get pulled back when you let it go? If not then spring 31 might be used to apply tension against the pedal to keep the belt loose when pedal is released and keep tension on your foot when you apply the pedal, hope that makes sense to you. good luck

Search this Thread