craftsman lt 2000 - wiring question

Old 06-26-10, 01:10 PM
craftsman lt 2000 - wiring question

have an lt 2000. intek 21 ohv was replace by someone with an 18 BS twin opposed. Runs fine but I have a few hanging wires...

Wiring from body of mower in two sets. looking from front of mower, lefthand harness has 6 slots with 4 filled. 2 are singles - black is the ignition kill wire. dont know what white (or lighter color) is. 2 share a small harness connector - they are red and orange - have no clue what they go to. On the right side of the mower is a small harness with a red and white pair - thought this might be lights.

this is the easy one - my next question will be adjusting the valves. everything on youtube is a twin adjustment - this one does not seem to have the adjustment nut. I'm guessing you remove the valves and lightly grind to adjust but never done that before.

any help most appreciated. kevin

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-10, 01:49 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
If it is running fine and everything operates as it should, just tape any bare wires or connectors, coil and wire tie them up.

Your assessment of the valve adjustment I believe is correct, but again, if it is running fine, or, IOW if it ain't broke, don't fixit

Old 06-26-10, 04:16 PM
great minds...

we think alike. exactly what i did this afternoon (after finding a the hot lead for the lights so I could get that working again). I'm thinking the other wires went to things on the 21 intek that dont exist on the 18 twin opposed. just came in from mowing nearly an acre of foot tall pasture grass - ran well.

only reason i was thinking about adjusting the valves is the engine sounds noisy. I'd almost think a piece of shroud was loose and rattling against the engine - sounds like that. may just be the twin - i'm used to hearing dads big john deere.

thanks for the response. kevin
tha

Old 06-26-10, 04:50 PM
L heads are noiser than OHV. Wear earplugs

Old 06-26-10, 07:33 PM
i have a plan

i have a DYT4000 with a 21 ohv intek - broke a rod I think. I'm going to get that one back up and running and put my 17 year old son on the L-head. I dont think it could make him hear any worse

Old 06-26-10, 10:00 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Make sure all your engine mounting bolts are tight. Sometimes if one or more comes loose, the engine will rattle against the frame.