Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Ryobi Trimmer Won`t Start

MO

07-05-10, 05:23 PM   #1  
Ryobi Trimmer Won`t Start

Hi, I`m new to the forum, I have a 2 yr old Ryobi mod. 51950a, 25cc, it`s the one with the attachments, I used it like 3 wks ago and I went to use it this week end and it won`t start . The little bulb won`t fill with gas, (I only see a little bit of it) I checked the plug and it was black and moist, I cleaned it and put it back in and let the trimmer sit for a while, but it won`t start, sometimes it runs for a few seconds and it dies, it smells a lot of gas, so I wonder if it`s getting flooded, but then, how come there`s hardly any gas in the little bulb? When it runs and I give it gas it dies faster. Any ideas anyone? Thanks for any help. Latter. Louie.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-05-10, 11:19 PM   #2  
I'd start by checking the fuel lines and primer for cracks, then move on to the carb and clean it well if no problems are found with the primer or lines.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

MO

07-16-10, 07:34 AM   #3  
Thanks for your answer Cheese, what I can`t understand is why the plug is always wet with gas, and why the little bulb is almost empty. I don`t have any experience with small engines, and I can`t find the manual, is there a web page where I might find it? Please keep the ideas coming. Thanks. Latter. Louie

Search this Thread