Help

Old 07-06-10, 09:12 AM
Help

I have a question about a 24 hp intec engine I have on a craftsman lawn tractor .The motor only has 30 hours on it and is just started to run rough with slight backfire and loss of power ,but it does not stall out at all just is not running smooth at all .It has just started doing this yesterday for the first time.Nothing that I know of has changed with it ,I checked the air cleaner and it was clean .The mower is only 2 yrs old , could it be water in the gas? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you , Dave

Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-10, 10:23 AM
Yes, water in the gas could cause your problem. Also a gummed up carb. Stale gas (over 30 days old) could cause the problem.

Old 07-06-10, 10:50 AM
Thank you Indypowwer1 I put some gas in that was from last winter in it , it was just the last bit about a quart of it ,but it was treated with stabil over the winter I thoutght it would be ok!!!! Maybe not , my fault I guess for believing the directions on the bottle. I had a lot of gas in it before I put that quart of it in but it was the same gas from that can I added the week before it holds a few gallons. It ran fine the week before with it also that puzzles me.Thank you for your great ideas I will try fresh gas first. Dave