Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1980 toro 524 snowblower Help please!!!!!!!

NJ

07-23-10, 02:34 PM   #1  
1980 toro 524 snowblower Help please!!!!!!!

HI,was wondering if anyone knows if some one sells a keyed coupler to convert my crank shaft pulley which is for a one inch shaft to fit on a 3/4 or 7/8 shaft i blew the rod in the original motor which was a 5hp tecumseh model hs50 and feel it is more economical to buy a new motor than waste my time rebuilding the old one. the only problem is i am having a hard time finding a motor with a 1x3inch shaft most newer motor,s i see are either 3/4 or 7/8 shaft. Or where i can get the same diameter pulley for a 3/4 or 7/8 shaft the length of the newer cranks i am not to concerned with i can always drill new mounting holes to give the proper distance Thank,s B

Sponsored Links

Non-US

07-23-10, 02:52 PM   #2  
Take the dimensions you need to any Industrial Supply Store & they will hook you up.. The 1" shaft is very common on snowblowers,, Is it possible to check with the local Small Engine Guys to see if they have a used one??? I usually have a couple kicking around... Roger

Search this Thread