Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

ohv180 tecumseh 18hp

KY

07-23-10, 04:11 PM   #1  
ohv180 tecumseh 18hp

will run on choke, but soon as you try to take off the engine will die. I know carb. is clean. I know the gasket is on correctly. every port is open have had carb off 4 times rechecking and cleaned, blowed every port out with air but haven't solved the problem.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-23-10, 10:42 PM   #2  
You still have a carb problem. There is one port still blocked off...probably the one behind the main jet. There is a tiny o-ring in the bowl where the jet goes in through the side. It presses against that o-ring and over time the o-ring swells shut. It has to be plucked out of the bowl.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

KY

07-24-10, 07:17 PM   #3  
Posted By: cheese You still have a carb problem. There is one port still blocked off...probably the one behind the main jet. There is a tiny o-ring in the bowl where the jet goes in through the side. It presses against that o-ring and over time the o-ring swells shut. It has to be plucked out of the bowl.
When I take the o-ring out will I have to buy complete kit or can an automotive oil ring work? Or will it work without a o-ring? Thanks for info.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-25-10, 12:56 AM   #4  
It needs the o-ring, but you can take it to an auto parts store and match it up if they have one small enough.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread