Ryobi Gas trimmer can not start

Old 08-06-10, 10:21 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ryobi Gas trimmer can not start

Hi All friends,

I have an old Ryobi gas trimmer (725R 31CC). It had some starting problems before, if you pull some 10-20 times, it may start, once it started, it ran well.

About 1 months ago, I went to a shop, bought two gas lines which was broken, prime bulb, spark plug and changed them, after that I used once. it started and finished my yards. Now I tried to use again, in last three days, even I pulled so many times, there is no any starting sign at all (the pullll sound and smoke etc). I unscrewed the spark plug, I found there is no any sign of gas in it, I remembered before when I unscrewed the spark plug, there is some gas, do this mean something blocked the gas from going to the burning space?

I checked the gas line, both looks good, when I press the prime bulb I can see the gas "loop" moving in the two lines.

Any suggestions, thanks in advance!

Thanks
BG

Old 08-06-10, 11:54 AM
Group Moderator
Received 877 Upvotes on 740 Posts
Your carb diaphragm is likely shot. Pretty easy to replace.

Old 08-06-10, 12:45 PM
B
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi Tolyn,
Thanks for the quick resonse, could you please give a little bit more details? Except for the gas line, spark plug I did not change anything else.

Thanks
BG

Old 08-06-10, 04:04 PM
G
Received 31 Upvotes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by bg1234
Hi Tolyn,
Thanks for the quick resonse, could you please give a little bit more details? Except for the gas line, spark plug I did not change anything else.

Thanks
BG
As with the fuel lines the diaphragm in the carb looses its flexibility, also some of the failing fuel line could be blocking ports in the carb. You probably have a Zama or Walbro carb, both of their sites have great info about their carb, after geting to the site select the service/aftermarket tab. When installing a new carb kit, I always suggest using the old metering arm unless it is very worn as it has the proper height setting. Have a good one. Geo
Welcome to USA Zama
Welcome to walbro.com

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: