Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

power washer wand clogged??

TX

08-11-10, 08:47 PM   #1  
power washer wand clogged??

i finally got my power washer running. wierd enough all i did was swap carbs...? but now i have to fix the gun, so today i took it all apart. i found out that everything is fine in the gun, its just untill i get to the lance that everything gets stopped up. now should it be like that, or should the lance be free-flowing??

Sponsored Links

FL

08-11-10, 09:11 PM   #2  
it should be free flowing . . . remove spray nozzle, and make sure itís not clogged . . . if wand is clogged, flush w/ water . . . if clog doesnít break loose, use coat hanger or the like to break loose whatever is causing the clog . . . could be debris, piece of rust, or a lizard or other critter if inside garden hose when connecting to PW.

TX

08-11-10, 09:19 PM   #3  
Posted By: Rob R. it should be free flowing . . . remove spray nozzle, and make sure itís not clogged . . . if wand is clogged, flush w/ water . . . if clog doesnít break loose, use coat hanger or the like to break loose whatever is causing the clog . . . could be debris, piece of rust, or a lizard or other critter if inside garden hose when connecting to PW.
THANK YOU!!!!

i just wanted to make sure so i dont go buy a new on for no reason

TX

08-11-10, 09:27 PM   #4  
Posted By: bigkeith11 THANK YOU!!!!

i just wanted to make sure so i dont go buy a new on for no reason
well now, i just tried the coat hanger and its not unclogging the passage. now wouldnt the pressure of the power washer unclogge the lance??

TX

08-11-10, 09:44 PM   #5  
yup, still no luck with the coat hanger, any other ideas??

FL

08-11-10, 10:12 PM   #6  
Posted By: bigkeith11 . . . i just tried the coat hanger and its not unclogging the passage. now wouldnt the pressure of the power washer unclogge the lance??
Which end of lance is clogged . . . gun or tip end? You can tell by putting coat hanger in each end to approximate where the clog is occurring, and it's length. Do you have small diameter rod (something beefier than a coat hanger) so you can tap it w/ a hammer or use the floor to bounce the inserted rod? Might fill wand w/ water as you tap the rod as that may loosen whatever is clogging it. Can you think of any reason it would have a severe clog . . . sitting up a long time? Iíve never had one clogged up so bad that it required a lot of effort to clear it . . . usually itís sand and/or rust.

I would suggest not trying to use PW to unclog the lance as I think you mean . . . youíll likely blow out the o-ring at tip end if using quick disconnects assuming it breaks loose . . . not a big deal to replace. I think your PW will bog or shut down if clog is not blown out. If you had a second lance, I would use that to force water into clogged lance although you may get drenched.

FL

08-11-10, 10:26 PM   #7  
One other thought . . . if you have an air compressor w/ trigger gun, it can replicate what your PW would do w/o getting wet. Wear eye protection.

TX

08-12-10, 02:01 PM   #8  
its all good, i had to get a paper clip at the nozzle and get it unclogged

Search this Thread