Fix RPM for bogging Toro "pow-r-drive" 4 stroke?

Old 08-17-10, 12:05 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Fix RPM for bogging Toro "pow-r-drive" 4 stroke?

I have an older Toro Pow-R-Drive "GTS OHV" engined self-propelled mower. It always starts on 1/2 to 1 pull and runs fine, but I think the RPM might be out of spec because the blade is sharp (and the mulching plate is installed), when I mow it has a hard time with not much length trying to mulch up the grass.

Also when I engage the blades, the rpm goes down and it takes 5 seconds or so to get the blade up to speed.

A year ago I bumped the blade into a piece of metal and it bent the blade, I replaced the blade but I don't believe the keyway was affected and it doesn't backfire and isn't hard to start.

There's some governor thing I can push on that mommentarily increases rpm and there's a few screws sticking out of the carb here and there but I don't know their function so I haven't adjusted them, links to service literature or precise directions/advice would be great!

thanks

Old 08-18-10, 11:16 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I moved the governor spring one hole over to the middle on the throttle linkage (has 3 holes was on furthest to the right), sounds like it's revving faster and running better

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: