Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

B&S Lawn Mower Engine Won't Start

MD

08-31-10, 05:48 PM   #1  
B&S Lawn Mower Engine Won't Start

I ran over a large rock with my 22" push mower, and it immediately stopped. The mower has a 500 Series B&S engine. It is now extremely hard to pull the starter cord. When I remove the spark plug it pulls freely. I don't see any obvious bending of the blade or shaft and no obvious other damage or oil leaks etc. Is it likely ruined? Thanks.

Sponsored Links

MO

08-31-10, 06:07 PM   #2  
Posted By: cfw190 I ran over a large rock with my 22" push mower, and it immediately stopped. The mower has a 500 Series B&S engine. It is now extremely hard to pull the starter cord. When I remove the spark plug it pulls freely. I don't see any obvious bending of the blade or shaft and no obvious other damage or oil leaks etc. Is it likely ruined? Thanks.
You probably have sheared the flywheel key which puts the engine out of timing, pull the flywheel and replace the key and if you didn't bend the crank you should be good to go. Have a good one. Geo

MD

09-01-10, 04:31 PM   #3  
Thank you! I will give that a try.

Search this Thread