Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

B&S 6.5 HP - Running Rough

IA

09-02-10, 11:52 AM   #1  
B&S 6.5 HP - Running Rough

My 6.5 HP Briggs and Stratton Model 123K00 is running rough. Starts fine. Then idles up and down slightly, but enough that its obvious and not mowing a clean path on my lawn.

I've pulled the carborater and sprayed all jets, ports, and throttle body with carb cleaner. Replaced the airfilter-side gasket. Replaced the intake manifold in early spring. This is the model with the fuel bowl under the carb.

What am I missing? Cracked intake manifold? Leaking intake gasket?

Thanks in advance...Greg

Sponsored Links

MO

09-02-10, 04:12 PM   #2  
Posted By: geschaef My 6.5 HP Briggs and Stratton Model 123K00 is running rough. Starts fine. Then idles up and down slightly, but enough that its obvious and not mowing a clean path on my lawn.

I've pulled the carborater and sprayed all jets, ports, and throttle body with carb cleaner. Replaced the airfilter-side gasket. Replaced the intake manifold in early spring. This is the model with the fuel bowl under the carb.

What am I missing? Cracked intake manifold? Leaking intake gasket?

Thanks in advance...Greg
You can check for the air leak by spraying/dribbling carb/brake parts cleaner along the mating surfaces behind the carb, if the engine tempo changes you have found a leak. Have a good one. Geo

Search this Thread