Ryobi string trimmer 30cc 4 cycle

Old 09-06-10, 08:18 AM
Ryobi string trimmer 30cc 4 cycle

Hi, I just bought me a Ryobi straight shaft string trimmer Model No. RY34441 30cc 4 cycle. I've only used it about 8 hours and I'm not happy. It bogs down at high speed. There is a point where it will run and cut if I do not hold the trigger in quite all the way. It uses more oil than I think it should and there's oil on the outside of the head around where the air filter is. I'm having to add oil every 1-2 tanks of gasoline. After about three hours of use the oil started looking dirty. What can I do to get it to run at high speed without bogging down and stalling out? Help!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-10, 11:07 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I'd take it back. I don't think you'll have any luck with this machine even if you get it to run right, especially if it's using that much oil. Get your money back and buy a different unit. If I could, I would put a few more dollars to the pot and buy a stihl or echo and be done with it.

Old 09-06-10, 11:09 AM
If you just bought it, is it new??? If so, find the local dealer & take it in for a warranty repair.. Or did you buy it second hand??? Roger

Old 09-30-10, 06:04 PM
Thanks for your advice. It was brand new and I was very disappointed. But Home Depot gave me no problem when I told them I had a lemon. I brought home another new machine and it works great. I'm happy.