Going Nuts trying to find replacement carb for gx160

Old 09-07-10, 03:10 PM
Going Nuts trying to find replacement carb for gx160

I have a older Honda gx160 (guessing 1997 or so) attached to a KAT pressure washer pump. It's s/n is GC02-2086780 and is a type QX. If it still has the original carb, it is a BE-06JA.

It seems, everywhere I look I find different Honda numbers for the replacement carburator. It has probably been superceeded many times and that may be the problem. In my online searching I seem to remember that I did verify that the original was a BE-06JA, but I could not find honda number on this carb. I have seen numbers like 16100-ZH8-V21, 16100-ZH8-822, 16100-Z0T-911 for the replacement, and many aftermarket ones. Very confused!! Anybody know where the ultimate answer would be, I can't get a phone number at Honda that is a human being.

This is driving me nuts!

Jim

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-10, 05:22 PM
looks like there is one listed here . I assume the gx16 listed is supposed to be gx160

Replacement Carburetor Parts for Honda

Old 09-07-10, 07:39 PM
Hello Jim,

Settle down a little and put all of those numbers behind you.....

Now, Take a look at THIS carb for pressure washers or any Honda engine.

I've installed a few of these without any issues.

Good Luck

Old 09-08-10, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by 31YTech View Post
Hello Jim,

Settle down a little and put all of those numbers behind you.....

Now, Take a look at THIS carb for pressure washers or any Honda engine.

I've installed a few of these without any issues.

Good Luck
mucho cheaper than the OEM

Old 09-08-10, 01:16 PM
Thanks 31,

I can not get over how many carbs there are for a GX160. I appreciate your experience and I'll order your suggestion along with a few gaskets. Motor and a nice Kat pump supposidly has few hours despite the age. It was "stored" with gas in the tank for 5 years. Unbelievable, the carb was the worst i've ever seen. I have drained the oil from the motor and now instead of wasting my time with the carb, I can see if it is worth the time without much $. Crank oil seemed very thin and overfilled, it was probably 50% gas from leaking past the main and the gunk. Bowl looked like a lump of coal. One day I may clean it just to have a spare, but I'll have to be bored, ha ha. When I stick on the new one, I'll post if that was only problem. And yes I agree with 38, cheaper is better.

Jim