Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Going Nuts trying to find replacement carb for gx160

FL

09-07-10, 03:10 PM   #1  
Going Nuts trying to find replacement carb for gx160

I have a older Honda gx160 (guessing 1997 or so) attached to a KAT pressure washer pump. It's s/n is GC02-2086780 and is a type QX. If it still has the original carb, it is a BE-06JA.

It seems, everywhere I look I find different Honda numbers for the replacement carburator. It has probably been superceeded many times and that may be the problem. In my online searching I seem to remember that I did verify that the original was a BE-06JA, but I could not find honda number on this carb. I have seen numbers like 16100-ZH8-V21, 16100-ZH8-822, 16100-Z0T-911 for the replacement, and many aftermarket ones. Very confused!! Anybody know where the ultimate answer would be, I can't get a phone number at Honda that is a human being.

This is driving me nuts!

Jim

Sponsored Links

CANADA

09-07-10, 05:22 PM   #2  
looks like there is one listed here . I assume the gx16 listed is supposed to be gx160

Replacement Carburetor Parts for Honda

FL

09-07-10, 07:39 PM   #3  
Hello Jim,

Settle down a little and put all of those numbers behind you.....

Now, Take a look at THIS carb for pressure washers or any Honda engine.

I've installed a few of these without any issues.

Good Luck

CANADA

09-08-10, 08:26 AM   #4  
Posted By: 31YTech Hello Jim,

Settle down a little and put all of those numbers behind you.....

Now, Take a look at THIS carb for pressure washers or any Honda engine.

I've installed a few of these without any issues.

Good Luck
mucho cheaper than the OEM

FL

09-08-10, 01:16 PM   #5  
Thanks 31,

I can not get over how many carbs there are for a GX160. I appreciate your experience and I'll order your suggestion along with a few gaskets. Motor and a nice Kat pump supposidly has few hours despite the age. It was "stored" with gas in the tank for 5 years. Unbelievable, the carb was the worst i've ever seen. I have drained the oil from the motor and now instead of wasting my time with the carb, I can see if it is worth the time without much $. Crank oil seemed very thin and overfilled, it was probably 50% gas from leaking past the main and the gunk. Bowl looked like a lump of coal. One day I may clean it just to have a spare, but I'll have to be bored, ha ha. When I stick on the new one, I'll post if that was only problem. And yes I agree with 38, cheaper is better.

Jim

Search this Thread