Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Murray B&S Riding Lawnmower not firing on up....

AL

09-14-10, 02:17 PM   #1  
Murray B&S Riding Lawnmower not firing on up....

It will turn over and actually fire (crank) and run for about 3 sec. and then die (shut off)...then when I try to start it again... all it does is just spin, but doesn't fire. The blade is disengaged, so it should crank, the gas is almost full, and the oil is where it is suppossed to be. It is a Murray 14 hp. 42" cut B&S Industrial Commercial OHV. If you want the model # or anything else, I'll be glad to give you any other #'s you may need.
Kyle

Sponsored Links

AL

09-14-10, 03:35 PM   #2  
model 287707
type 0225 01
code 9404184A

FL

09-14-10, 06:49 PM   #3  
Hello Kyle,

There could be a couple things causing this engine not to start, We need to do some checking. Can you remove the air filter then put about a teaspoon of fuel into the throte of the carb and have it try to fire off ?

If so check for a restricted fuel filter first, If that's good you could have a issue with the fuel shut-off solenoid or a dirty plugged up carb, If this is the case a carb tear-down and good cleaning with carb & choke spray cleaner would be in order.....

AL

09-15-10, 09:33 AM   #4  
thx... I will try to work on this tomorrow (Thurs.) and I will work on these in the order that you mentioned. Thx.

Search this Thread