Uneven cut

Old 09-23-10, 09:24 AM
Uneven cut

I have a craftsman I/C Gold 12.5 HP 42" riding mower. I can not get it to cut even. The right hand side is cutting lower than left. On level concrete the deck is about 1/4 " lower on right side. It has hangers supporting the deck, but there is no way to adjust them. Tires are aired evenly. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated very much. Thanks in advance Robertk

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-10, 10:11 AM
You didn't give the 917.xxxxxx model no. of the unit so I have to make an assumption,
the boomerang hangers are held on the rod by an adjustable nut.
these units are adjustable front to back and side to side.
good chance you can download an owners manual from the Sears site that will show you how it's done.
have you hit some hard object, stump, rock, etc. make sure the blades are good and straight.
hth

Old 09-23-10, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the reply. The #917 255430. I found the adjustments and adjusted it. But I had just replaced the cutting belt and when I put the links on I put the pinch pins to the hump instead of all the way on. The link rod came loose from the deck and bent the horn (bracket holder for link). So I am now just playing with it till I get a happy medium. I got the sides just fine. I appreciate your help very much. I have a down loaded manual, If I would have looked I could have found how to fix it. Thanks again for your help.

Robertk