Troy Bilt Super Bronco 13AX60TG766 - deck drive belt adjustment?

Old 09-27-10, 08:47 AM
Troy Bilt Super Bronco 13AX60TG766 - deck drive belt adjustment?

Hi all, are any of you aware of any way to adjust the deck drive belt tension? Our R/C Airplane club's mower is on it's third belt this year and the last two (verified proper part number, length, etc) belts have been very loose upon installation. The belt routing has been verified and installed properly. The deck drive engagement cable and spring assembly was replaced last week in a feeble attempt to correct this problem to no avail (the spring on the original cable had very little tension). This mower is only a few years old and is used to mow approximately 3 acres once a week. Everything else is holding up fine, but the loose belt is becoming a problem. Thanks in advance.

Rick

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-10, 12:43 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
The couple I have done also have the PTO belt quite loose when dis-engaged. There may be an adjustment on the PTO arm.
Check the idler pulleys and spindles for stiffness or rough feeling when turning. Check for missing/broken belt guides/keepers and that the belt is routed properly through any and all of them throughout the decks full movement (level up/down)

If you post the belt # and manufacturer we can verify you have the correct belt.

Along with the model number you posted, the serial number is also needed.

Old 09-27-10, 07:54 PM
Hope I'm not stepping on toes here Scott ? :mask:

Hello Rick,

There is a bracket bolted to the engagement lever/handle, This bracket protrudes down into the odd shaped hole in the mower frame. When the deck is disengaged this bracket hits the PTO safety switch. When you engage the deck this bracket hits the other side of this hole, This keeps the lever/handle from spinning on around and hitting the steering shaft/wheel.

Since this engagement handle is spring loaded it can swing back and slam this bracket into the safety switch, Over time this bracket will bend. Once bent, It can cause a looser than normal belt when the deck is disengaged and lessen the pull on the belt when the deck is engaged.

Gander at this bracket and see if that isn't your issue;

Good Luck

Old 09-27-10, 08:02 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by 31YTech View Post
Hope I'm not stepping on toes here Scott ? :mask:
Maybe your own but certainly not mine...you are one of my hero's Tech

Old 09-28-10, 07:01 PM
Thanks Scott..... Beer 4U2

Old 10-04-10, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the advice, I'll take a look this week and let you know what I find.

Rick