Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Weed Eater Bv1650 Blower Vac 2 cycle

ME

10-09-10, 07:11 PM   #1  
Weed Eater Bv1650 Blower Vac 2 cycle

Gas is spitting from the air cleaner housing. I have checked all of the seals on the Carb and they all look good. I am not sure what is causing this problem. Please Help

Sponsored Links

OK

10-10-10, 04:33 AM   #2  
Remove the muffler and make sure there is no carbon buildup on spark arestor screen and exhaust port

ME

10-10-10, 07:45 AM   #3  
Weed Eater

I did take off the muffler and did not find any screen. I did find a lot of build up and did clean that out. I regained the high end throttle but now I have to keep the choke open to half to maintain full throttle ... grr I have been adjusting the carb but still no luck ... any ideas ??

ME

10-10-10, 11:45 AM   #4  
Somehow I have managed to fix my issue. I took the carb all apart completely. I cleaned the entire carb out and the reassembled everything. I readjusted the carb back to the bare basics (1 1/4 turns out) and now it runs like a top.

Thank You for your help I am sure that the exhaust port being partially plugged had a lot to do with my problem.

OK

10-10-10, 12:36 PM   #5  
Way to go! You just did what I categorically do on any 2 cycle unit!

Search this Thread