Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Any idea what this piece of equipment or machinery is called

TX

10-31-10, 10:11 AM   #1  
Any idea what this piece of equipment or machinery is called

I acquired this piece of machinery with the purchase of other abandoned property. Does anyone know what it is?
Photo Page/1 Picture
Thanks for your help! John

Sponsored Links

OH

10-31-10, 10:41 AM   #2  
I would hazard a guess of some sort of wet grinder. But that's just a big guess on my part.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

10-31-10, 10:42 AM   #3  
Looks like a water line at the back of this? It's some kind of grinder/polisher, probably wet. Are the wheels stone abrasive or impregnated fiber? I don't know the exact purpose, as it looks to be somewhat specialized, but I would suspect it's not for working with ferrous material. I'm thinking it's for smoothing and polishing casting marks on cast brass or aluminum or other soft metal items.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

TX

10-31-10, 01:39 PM   #4  
The line coming out of the back is electrical. There are huge, heavy duty sanding belts for the "wheels," so it's some sort of sander I suppose, but when I do a search for "table sander" or "large sander", the only thing that comes up are "thickness sanders" which this piece is not.

The metal "name plate" says Schlumberger. The hole in back looks like it's an exhaust (maybe for dust) which tells me that it's probably for dry use.

Group Moderator

FL

11-01-10, 05:26 AM   #5  
Well, a Google of "Schlumberger" brings up a corporation that deals with oil field services. Coincidentally John is in Texas. Some kind of tool relating to oil field hardware???

Measure it with a micrometer; cut it with an ax.

Search this Thread