Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

McCulloch Chainsaw won't start

CAL

11-13-10, 08:27 AM   #1  
McCulloch Chainsaw won't start

I have a Mcculloch gas powered chainsaw. I'm having trouble starting it. Prior to now I never had any problems starting and using it and I have only used it a dozen times max. I have changed the spark plug, taken apart the carb and cleaned it. Cleaned the fuel filter. After many many pulls I finally got it to turn over. It ran for a while then when I shut if off - no luck in starting it again. I've pulled the spark plug and verified spark. I do notice that when I'm pulling the starter gas appears to be running onto the ground ??? I tried to see where where it is leaking and appears to possibly coming out of the muffler. Anyone have advice or suggestions. Thanks

Sponsored Links

Non-US

11-13-10, 08:44 AM   #2  
If it's an older saw, you may need to put an overhaul kit in the carb. The diaghragms get stiff & won't operate the meatering lever correctly.. When you find what carb you have, go to their website & check the manuals for proper adjustment of the meatering lever, or use the old one if it doesn't show any signs of wear.. Roger

Search this Thread