E43 power auger carb adjustment

Old 11-17-10, 05:40 PM
E43 power auger carb adjustment

I have a earthquake E43 power auger that I got from Tractor Supply. I found out when I got it home that it was used. Took it back and they gave me a great discount. It worked fine all spring and summer but this past week has been pure hell. It seemed to be losing power, hard to start, and leaking fuel somewhere. I took the carb apart and cleaned it and it ran fine for 3 good post holes. Then it started the same problems again. The manual states that all of its symptoms are due to carb out of adjustment and to call the factory. I waited on hold for 45 minutes before I gave up. Does anybody know how to properly adjust the carb? Im a private jet pilot but I work on many cars and have built my own racing Camaro. Im not much of a small engine guy.....or carbs at that so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-10, 06:28 PM
Sounds like the fuel lines may be leaking, if they are the clear plastic type they usually only last 1-2 seasons. Have a good one. Geo

Old 11-17-10, 08:51 PM
?

I'll have to give the fuel lines a closer look. They are the clear plastic kind. They seem to be in good shape. Ive taken them off 4-5 times now to clean and blow out the carb. Its worth a closer look to be sure though. One time I went to pull start it and fuel shot out the exaust! I thought a ring was shot or a hole in the piston head but it ran like a champ after that....well for 2 holes that is. The sponge type air filter was also soaked in gas yesterday. Its a fuel problem, thats for sure.

Old 11-18-10, 09:24 AM
Since the tool was used when you got it you don't know what may have been done to the carb.
If the fuel is coming from the inside of the carb the inlet needle may be stuck from varnish or the metering arm is set to high and not shutting off the fuel or the gasket and diaphram are installed in the wrong sequence which would do the same thing, if you will post the mfg and model carb it has maybe we can find a IPL for it and go from there. Have a good one. Geo

Old 11-21-10, 09:10 AM
Yeah, I'll post the carb info next time I by the auger. I did take the carb apart and found that someone did have it apart before. One of the gaskets was put in backwards. Havent tried to start it yet. Gonna give it a shot tonight.
Thanks. I'll post that info as soon as I get it.