snapper 4220

Old 11-30-10, 10:26 AM
snapper 4220

I have a snapper 4220 snow thrower that needs a new carb. Does anyone know what type of carb is on it? It has a 4hp tecumseh engine with a seperate priming bulb mounted on the engine.It sort of looks like a series 1 carb,but all the other pictures I've viewed on other sites show the priming bulb mounted on the carb. Please help..

Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-10, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by tjd43 View Post
I have a snapper 4220 snow thrower that needs a new carb. Does anyone know what type of carb is on it? It has a 4hp tecumseh engine with a seperate priming bulb mounted on the engine.It sort of looks like a series 1 carb,but all the other pictures I've viewed on other sites show the priming bulb mounted on the carb. Please help..
Post the engine model numbers from the metal shroud by the spark plug and someone will help. Have a good one. Geo

Old 12-01-10, 06:49 AM
snapper 4220

All I can find is a metal tag by the oil fill that has the following #-SBH-445A under that is another #-5347F. Hope that helps...

Old 12-01-10, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by tjd43 View Post
All I can find is a metal tag by the oil fill that has the following #-SBH-445A under that is another #-5347F. Hope that helps...
I can't find anything with those numbers, what is wrong with the original carb, maybe we can fix it. Have a good one. Geo

Old 12-01-10, 11:41 AM
snapper 4220

Geogrubb, I ran some tests on the carb and the throttlebody is cracked(probably from water freezing inside-it sat unused for about 15 yrs) Also,the emulsion tube inside is frozen. I've been told that requires complete replacement. I found out today that it is a hssk40 carb and found one on ebay for 50 bucks-thanks for your help anyway..peace.

Old 12-01-10, 11:55 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Here are a couple of links for you to check out. You also will need to know at least what the HP of your engine is:

Page 16 of this manual lists the different engines for your model snowblower which the model number is I4220.

Once you find out which engine you have, then This Manual should cover it.