Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Ariens snow blower

MI

12-13-10, 11:11 AM   #1  
Ariens snow blower

I have a Ariens snow blower with a Tecumseh engine. The blower is less than 3yrs old. I always run my equipment out of gas at the end of the season.
Now my blower will only run on partial choke. I have fresh gas in it, new spark plug, and did remove the fuel bowl which was totally clean. Now I'm removing the carb to clean that out.
Now fuel runs out of the line with no problem with the carb removed. so I'm guessing something is plugging the carb pick-up and it's not getting enough fuel.
Any suggestions sure would be appreciated.
Rich

Sponsored Links

NH

12-13-10, 11:22 AM   #2  
Sounds like the needle needs to be set and the seat cleaned. May need a new needle as that 1 may have some varnish on it sticking it to the seat.

NH

12-31-10, 05:22 AM   #3  
How do you remove the bowl and what is the seat ? Because mine runs on full choke and is 20 yrs old.

MI

01-01-11, 07:30 AM   #4  
Hi poor guy,
I'm sure not the expert here, but you should find a nut on the bottom of the carb bowl. You remove that and clean it, and then see if the needle valve is removable. If so clean that and the seat it sets in. Also please remember to shut off the gas before you start any of this.
Unfortunately for me the needle was not removable on these newer model Tecumseh engines, the carb is a throw away. The good news is I replaced the carb and everything works great again. The bad news is that little carb cost $127.00!! What a rip-off!!
I have seen others for different engines as low as $30.
For Tecumseh you cannot order parts direct, but must go to your dealer and have them order it for you.
Rich

Search this Thread