Toro Snow blower no power in first

Old 12-17-10, 08:09 PM
Toro Snow blower no power in first

Good Evening,
I have a 1978 Toro 524 snow blower which back about 10 years ago put an Intek snow 7.5 hp engine on. My problem is she does not want to move or moves very slowly in first the other two gear 2nd & 3rd are fine!. I adjusted it like the owners manual said the friction wheel makes good contact with the disk & seems to look like it has good rubber on it. This just started happening last year & my driveway is very steep. I replaced the belts last year but this was after this started happening. I took the botom off today & the wheel goes all the way to the inner position. So anyway I have no clue why I have no power in first & to go down the driveway in 2nd is to fast. If anyone know what might be the problem or what I should look for like a warn out part this would be a GREAT help?.
Thank you for your time!
Will,

Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-10, 05:44 AM
The friction wheel is moving too far to the center. This is common on older snowblowers as the linkages and other parts wear. 1 solution that sometimes work it to move the shift lever up to the highest gear, then down to first gear.

Old 12-18-10, 09:29 AM
If you had the time i would say would be to create your own notches for the gears because it sounds simply like your gear's positions are just off.

Search this Thread