Tecumseh 10hp rebuild issues

Old 12-05-10, 08:22 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Tecumseh 10hp rebuild issues

Hi, Guy's I know one of you can help. Thank you in advance!!
Ok, Tecumseh 10 hp (HM100-159369P) on a Dingo Go-Cart. belongs to a friend, there kids rides all the time so much that it started smoking. Worn out rings. I pulled it down and sent it to the machine shop to have it bored .020 over. Crank and rod looked good but I ordered a new rod (36898A) when I ordered the piston w/rings (34862A). Waited for piston before they bored it. Got it back and found that there wasn't any rings in the kit. Called the company and they sent me another piston this time with the rings. ready to assemble one night and found the piston pin smaller than the connecting rod wrist pin hole. Checked against the old parts, rod is the same including part numbers stamped in to new and old. First new piston matches the shape of the old one including the wrist pin size. Second new piston w/ rings pin to small / shaped different / rings are thicker and will not fit the ring grooves on first new or old piston. So I ordered another piston and rings (34862A) from another company and all the same issues as the second. ????? piston.

Old 12-21-10, 02:52 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Fixed -Thankx Bill at Techumseh

So, I have resolved the issue of the connecting rod that did not fit. As it turns out, the new replacement piston assy has a smaller wrist pin and requires connecting rod (36897A). After calling the parts manufacturer and talking to a gentleman, he informed me that this is the required part to match and that they have not yet let it be publicly known.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: