NOMA snowblower won't stop

Old 12-27-10, 05:42 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
NOMA snowblower won't stop

I have a 1996 NOMA snowblower that will not stop when I release the wheel drive lever. Sometimes they release, other times they stay engaged for a few seconds (or more). Seems worse when hot. The problem is inside as all external linkage moves correctly. Any ideas before I smash into the side of my truck.
Thanks

Old 12-27-10, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
I dont know the Noma brand but my craftsman has a cable that runs down to th arm. This may be too tight and not releasing or ice build up. Thats all I can think of. I am not familiar with the internals. What does the manual say?

Mike NJ

Old 12-27-10, 05:58 PM
more info

Cable is OK, lever at bottom of cable moves fine. NOMA was bought out by Murray, now its owned by Briggs and Stratton. Troubleshooting manual doesn't list problem.

Old 12-27-10, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator
I would think then there is a internal belt damage or lost spring tension for control pull back. I would not know until I took it apart. Cant be that complicated. Does it do it in all gears forward/reverse?

Mike NJ

Old 12-27-10, 06:08 PM
Internally it isn't that complicated. I took it apart and couldn't find anything wrong. But it doesn't do it all the time. It happens in forward (all speeds) and reverse (both speeds).

Old 12-27-10, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator
Hopefully someone else here could help, otherwise I feel sorry for your truck. Make sure the snow blower is in top gear for best impact....LOL

Mike NJ

Old 12-28-10, 10:19 AM
K
I don't know if this will be of any help, or maybe you have already done this, but I would first check to make sure all of the adjustments on the clutch control cable and friction disc as well as the friction wheel are what your manual calls for. It sounds like the disc is not moving away from the wheel. I would check to see if ice/snow build up on cables or behind the disc thus preventing it from moving away. Also I would the Idle Traction Drive spring which pulls the idler pulley from the traction belt, it maybe stretched out from age. If your friction wheel was recently replaced that is the area I would start and work back from that point. Good Luck!!!

Kev91

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: