Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Craftsman Lawn Tractor with Briggs and Stratton Engine wont start

NJ

01-11-11, 12:13 PM   #41  
I will give it shot, thanks

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

01-12-11, 10:40 AM   #42  
I agree. The valves are not the problem. I have been trying to find other things to suggest than replacing the solenoid, since I have never seen a solenoid fail in the manner that yours appears to have, but I believe that may be the case. Your connections and voltages seem to be ok, so that leaves the solenoid. I guess you checked the small wire where it connects to the solenoid to, right? Apparently something is moving inside the solenoid that shouldn't be when the plunger activates, and it causes the connection to the field windings to disconnect, then reconnect when the plunger returns to normal position, and repeat rapidly.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Forum Topic Moderator

KS

01-12-11, 01:21 PM   #43  
I agree cheese, I hate to be a parts monkey but I have had at least two or three that I could not verify, two I changed the solenoid and fixed it, the other turned out to be the engine ground to frame.
If the starter gear wasn't chewed up then that noise has to be the solenoid chattering IMO.

cmisti66m fyi: Your second video was private and I could not view it.....

Just needs a bigger hammer
Peace

Search this Thread