Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Poulan pole saw

TX

12-30-10, 05:59 PM   #1  
Poulan pole saw

hello all I have a pole saw I haven't ran in about 6 mnths I started it up today and it started up fine in the full choke or the start mode ( I think poulan calls it the high idle) I let it idle high at more than 30 seconds and as soon as I switched it to run it would idle for a couple of seconds and then quite also when I did get it to idle just alittle longer and as soon as I squeezed the gas the saw died every time so I just had to start the saw in the start mode and then just hold the gas down all the time what are some things I can do to help fix this

Sponsored Links

TX

12-30-10, 06:13 PM   #2  
oo it seems like the engine just isn't big enough for the pole saw for instance when the saw goes down to an idle and I want to speed it up it to cut it seems like the engine has a hard time getting the chain going but once it gets going it does a good job on cutting its the 25cc engine what do yall think about this? do yall think the engine is to small for the saw?

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

12-31-10, 12:19 AM   #3  
Without actually being able to listen and hear how it is running, I think I'd suspect the carburetor. Try backing out the mixture screws 1/8 turn or so.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

TX

01-01-11, 08:57 PM   #4  
where would the mixture screws be at?

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

01-02-11, 01:02 AM   #5  
on the side of the carburetor...2 small screws side by side.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread