Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Tuning Up 78' Ariens Sno Thro 7hp Deluxe

ME

12-31-10, 12:49 PM   #1  
Tuning Up 78' Ariens Sno Thro 7hp Deluxe

I recently purchased at 1978 Ariens snowblower. However I want to clean the float bowl and see there are some gaskets located on the engine. I can't seem to locate a part number anywhere.
Its running lean so I know it needs to be done and probably hasn't ever been done since it was manuafactured. Model # 924032.
I basically want to give it a nice tune up.
I have done the other basics, oil, lubrication, spark plug. But its coughing when I use it which tells me no one has done much to it but ignore it like bad cold.

Sponsored Links

MO

12-31-10, 03:09 PM   #2  
Posted By: Haskell76 I recently purchased at 1978 Ariens snowblower. However I want to clean the float bowl and see there are some gaskets located on the engine. I can't seem to locate a part number anywhere.
Its running lean so I know it needs to be done and probably hasn't ever been done since it was manuafactured. Model # 924032.
I basically want to give it a nice tune up.
I have done the other basics, oil, lubrication, spark plug. But its coughing when I use it which tells me no one has done much to it but ignore it like bad cold.
I would suggest putting some SeaFoam or Chevron Techron in your gas and run it, either of the products will clean the built up varnish and junk. I understand your wanting to "take care" of your new friend, however, I think you may be trying to medicate a kid that isn't sick, just has the sniffles. Have a good one. Geo

CT

01-02-11, 05:04 AM   #3  
I agree with the Seafoam treatment.

But first, drain all old gasoline from fuel tank and carburetor fuel float bowl.

Remove fuel bowl, take picture of float and needle valve and then disassemble.

Check for cracks in float. Shake float and listen for gas movement inside. Replace if found.

Bring needle valve to dealer for replacement.

Unscrew gas/air adjustment screw and lightly clean tip with pencil eraser.
Spray carburetor cleaner into hole you removed screw from.
Replace screw and turn very slowly and cautiously clockwise until you feel resistance. Then turn screw counterclockwise 2 revolutions using markings on screwdriver as reference.

Replace fuel bowl assembly.

Mix SeaFoam in 25% solution with gas.
Start engine. it may smoke but it's not harmful.

After running long enough to warm up engine, turn fuel / air adjustment screw in until engine speed starts to decrease, then back off 1/4 turn.

Search this Thread