Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Want To Purchase A Pole Saw

TN

01-03-11, 08:31 AM   #1  
Want To Purchase A Pole Saw

I have several trees that need trimming. I've done one by hand and have found it to be too much hard work. I have a Friskar extendable lopper with a razor saw attachment that works very well but is tiresome to cut large limbs with.

So I would like to purchase a gas powered pole saw. Can anyone suggest brands I should look at. I keep reading complaints about Poulan products. The Husqvarna has a good report but it is very expensive. I would want a gas powered unit.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

01-03-11, 10:33 AM   #2  
The poulan units don't last long at all. My father in law got one to trim a few trees on his place and it didn't last long at all. Trouble it, I think it's the only one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. If it was my money, I'd go to the pawn shop and pick up a stihl, husquvarna, or echo that looks and runs good. You can probably pick up a good used one for close to what a new poulan would cost and have something worth having and much nicer to use.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

TN

01-03-11, 11:38 AM   #3  
Sounds like good advice. I bought a Poulan blower/vacuum walk around unit and had to put a new cylinder head and piston/ring in it within a year. Turned out the mixture setting from the factory was way too lean. The new cylinder head/piston/ring combo that I installed has had 21 tanks of fuel put through it so far. Thanks.

Search this Thread