Toro Model 38162 snowblower

Old 01-09-11, 04:35 PM
Toro Model 38162 snowblower

My sister-in-law bought a TORO snow blower model 38162. We know nothing about snow blowers. I went online to find out if it is 2 cycle or 4 cycle but I can find nothing. replacementparts.com lists some parts available. One part is a primer bulb but that still does not tell me if I need to mix the fuel or not.
How do I find this out short of calling a dealer which it is too late tonight to do?
Anything else we should know about snow blowers? I can only reason that it is similar to a roto-tiller in that it must be out of gear to start and then placed into gear to work. Gonna be a learn as we go type thing I suspect. We are expecting 4 inches of snow tomorrow evening so it would be great to get this thing running.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-11, 05:26 PM
Your engine is a 2 cycle and needs to have oil mixed in the gas. Mix should be 40:1 or there abouts.

Old 01-09-11, 05:52 PM
Do You have the Operators Manual??? If so,, it will fill you in on all that stuff,, Also the Toro website or even give them a call during buisness hours... They'll help you out & even send you a manual if you don't have one.... Roger