Trot-Bilt portable generator

Old 01-20-11, 10:10 AM
Troy-Bilt portable generator

I have a Troy-Bilt portable generator...model-01925. I'm trying to remove the carburetor (for rebuilding). I have to remove the air filter/cowling, however I have to remove the gas tank in order to remove two bolts in the backside of the cowling. What I need to know, is how the gas tank comes off? It is very close to the front framework plus the outputs for the generator are in the middle of the gas tank. There is a black bar that goes over the gas tank. I know that this bar will have to be removed however it looks to be pretty complicated ...the stuff behind the gas tank.

Last edited by Jack B.; 01-20-11 at 11:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-11, 10:04 AM
I finally got it off. The only thing is this generator is approximately six years old and it has never been used other than occasionally started and run for a few minutes. The carburetor looks clean except for some gunk around around the main jet (as per Briggs parts diagram). What I needed to know was would it be best to dip the lower half of the carburetor in cleaner or something else? The numbers off the engine are...Briggs and Stratton, m-31B775, t-0120E1 and c-040727ZE.

Search this Thread