Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

tecumseh carb repair kit # and seat tool

MA

01-29-11, 05:46 PM   #1  
tecumseh carb repair kit # and seat tool

Hi, I have a craftsman 8hp snowblower model# 536 886280. The engine is a Tecumseh hmsk80-155478s. I'm looking to get a repair kit for the carburetor,(seat,bowl gasket,needle,o-rings,and gasket @ the needle on the bottom of the bowl).I believe the carb # is 632334a. I'm having trouble matching up the carb. # w/ the repair kit #. Can anyone give me a part # for the kit that will work w/ the carb?

Also, I'm looking for a tool that I saw online from Tecumseh for removing and resetting the seat.(looks like a crochet needle) The part # in the video I saw it used in is 870377 , but I cant seem to find it anywhere.I pulled the seat w/ a paper clip ,but had a hard time resetting it. I used the butt end of a drill bit and really had to manhandle it in there. The float seems like its sitting a little higher than its supposed to be and I think it may be because the seat is not seated properly and the float needle is contacting it sooner than it should.

Thanks. - jim

Sponsored Links

MA

01-30-11, 06:14 PM   #2  
carb kit is 632347, you have 1 wrong # in the tool. It is pn# 670377. If you do not want a full carb kit, just needle and seat, bowl gasket is pn# 631021B

MA

01-30-11, 07:23 PM   #3  
thanks for the info, much appreciated

Search this Thread