Honda 215 drive belt misssing

Old 02-18-11, 03:29 AM
Honda 215 drive belt misssing

Need to know how to get the belt around the drive shaft? I have blades and plastic piece off this gives me a good look at the pulley and bottom of driveshaft where one bolt is holding a "clutch or brake assembly" does this need to come off? I tried but engine turns how should I safely Jam engine so I can remove this piece? thanks Jon

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-11, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by mainiac2 View Post
Need to know how to get the belt around the drive shaft? I have blades and plastic piece off this gives me a good look at the pulley and bottom of driveshaft where one bolt is holding a "clutch or brake assembly" does this need to come off? I tried but engine turns how should I safely Jam engine so I can remove this piece? thanks Jon
To lock the engine turn the engine to the compression stroke, remove the spark plug reverse the engine to the bottom of the stroke, fill the cylinged with small rope like starter rope, leave a little hanging out, now when the piston comes up it will try to compress the rope and stop and nothing will get dammaged, when finished back the engine off a little and remove the rope. Have a good one. Geo