Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

3120xp Husqvarna Powersaw

NC

03-09-11, 04:55 PM   #1  
3120xp Husqvarna Powersaw

First timer here on the forum;
I have a 3120 xp Husqvarna chainsaw that will not start. First of all it has been set on the shelf for about 8 years. I bought it for my portable log saw that I built. I took it down yesterday and poured new gas in it and it would not start. I put a little gas in the plug and it started quick. I checked the filter in the gas tank-OK, checked both diaphrams in the carbarator and blowed out all the needle-like ports as well. It will start with the choke pulled all the way out and the trigger set wide open, but as soon as I unlock the trigger or push in the choke it will stop. I can keep the trigger locked and push the choke in and out and reave it up and down. What is wrong? I appreciate any help.
Thanks

Sponsored Links

Non-US

03-09-11, 08:47 PM   #2  
Time for a carb kit.. the diaghraghms look O.K but they are too stiff & old (Like me) to work properly.. Cleaning the carb without installing a kit is like washing your feet with your socks on,, Sometimes it works, but most times it doesen't.... If your lines are O.K, I'd put a kit in the carb & run with it!!! Roger

Search this Thread